Empties #1 2017
Something I find difficult to do is use up makeup and beauty products. I feel like I have enough products to last me for a couple years without replenishing them. Cosmetics products, for the most part, bring a great amount of product, in my opinion. Whenever I use up a product, I get excited lmao. It’s an opportunity to repurchase it or try something new.
I’ll create a list every few months or so with my “empties.” I’ll give mini reviews and go more in depth later on. I think it’s cool to track what I use up, so I can cap the amount I’d ideally spend on these products and make a list of new ones to try. Let’s begin discussing my empties 😈
Eyebrow pencils— the products I use the fastest. I use about one pencil a month! 🙊
- L’Oréal Brow Stylist in Brunette (3) — MY FAVORITE BROW PENCIL OF ALL TIME❗️ Nothing compares to this. I’ve tried several other eyebrow pencils and this still owns my heart. Precise tip, ideal amount of pigmentation and stiffness + best color to match my brows.
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil — a good brow pencil from the drugstore. The colors pull red, so be careful. I’d repurchase if I was in a pinch.
- e.l.f. Instant Lift Brow Pencil in Natural (2) — amazing brow pencil at such an amazing price; its $2❗️ The color is great for a natural brow lol hence the color). The tip is a lil thick, so concealer clean-up is required.
- L’Oréal Telescopic Mascara — would totally repurchase! It’s my favorite mascara of all time…so far. I feel like I can love another mascara more, though. It lengthens, separates and darkens my lashes. It looks great with eyeshadow and doesn’t make falsies necessary. (I truly feel that not all mascaras are meant to pair with eyeshadow. I’ll elaborate l8r 😉).
- Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Brightening and Smoothing Daily Moisturizer — great moisturizer with sunscreen + looks nice under makeup. It’s not my favorite, though. Sometimes it makes my skin slightly burn for a few seconds. I’d repurchase if I tried other lotions and didn’t like them. Still on the hunt for my fave.
- Garnier Micellar Water Waterproof (3) — BEST MAKEUP REMOVER ON EARTH❗️ I’ve used 3 bottles of this❗️ Nothing has taken off my makeup quicker and better. Best part is that I don’t have to wash my face afterwards (even though I have the habit of doing so).
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater (2) — CHANGED MY SKIN AND MAKEUP FOREVER❗️ It provides the necessary hydration for my dry skin so my foundation doesn’t look like cake batter. This made me like foundation.
- Rainwater Botanicals Intensive Eye Cream with Antioxidant — I bought this from an Etsy shop per the recommendation of a friend. I bought the sample size and it transformed my undereyes! I’m still on the hunt for the best eye cream before I decide to splurge on this (full size is a lil pricey).
- Aquaphor Lip Repair — LIFE SAVER❗️ Lips are instantly rejuvenated if you sleep with this on. I can’t live without this. I don’t leave my house or go to sleep without it. S/o to my former coworker Brittany for putting me on this.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer — first concealer I ever owned. Great for highlighting, concealing pimples and using as a light base layer when I’m not feeling foundation. Also great for cleaning up my brows and evening out yellow foundations. Repurchasing UNTIL I DIE❗️
- Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer – same as above, but I like this a bit more because it’s pretty pink toned and that’s my skin’s undertone (well that + neutral). Love this for priming my eyelids as well. I need both of these concealers at the same time.
- Maybelline Master Skinny Gel Pencil (2) — I love how skinny this is. I can easily line my upper and lower waterline. It’s long wearing for my upper waterline. I’m in the market for a better one; I feel like there’s something better out there!
Which of these products have you tried and what’s your thoughts on them? What do you recommend I try instead? 👀